Monday, February 4, 2013

The Hair Drama

Ok, ladies and gents.  My hair has been topic of conversation for the past weeks because of the drama that it has brought to our life.  I love growing my hair out for the purpose of donating it.  This process normally takes a good 3 years to do.  ALONG time.  Well, I needed a trim and with the trim I desired long layers.  Now my hair was almost to my lower back... it was LONG.  So when I went in, to make sure disaster didn't happen, I told the lady what I wanted.  I showed the lady what I wanted. I had the lady show me what I wanted.  After that, I felt confident that all would go great.  Not the case.  One cut, that's all.  The hair was gone.  I saw each cut fall to the ground.  I felt the "nakedness" of my back from the lack of hair.  I froze in the chair.

I kept telling myself that it would be ok, she knew what she was doing.  But with each cut, I knew that I was only lying to myself.  She sat me under one of those old school dryers, that you really only use for color, and left me while she did whatever.  I felt my hair and just wanted to cry.  It was gone.... I was in a panic.  Such a sad day.

I then told her it was short.  I wasn't expecting short.  To which she responded that I needed to grow up.  I needed a grown up hair style.  I needed to not be so worried with myself and to recognize that everyone else is so into themselves that they don't care about my hair anyways.  I was so caught off guard.  First my hair is short and now I need to get over myself when all I was saying is that it is short and I can't donate it because you just cut it... and not together!

So, I asked if we could do color and if that color could just be dark because I didn't want to keep up with the blonde until Adam graduated.  She told me that I don't look good dark and that I should do blonde.  She then put highlights in.

Well. 3 hours later, I felt like I was beaten.  As we left she told me how grown up I now was and that everyone, who she says weren't paying attention to me anyway, were just going to love my new hair.  Right.  I cried all the way home.  I cried all night.  I cried all the next day.  People, my hair was really long.  And it wasn't an easy feat.  Matter of fact it was the longest that I have EVER had it.  Now it was gone.  The new style was choppy, gross, and yuck.  I HATED it.  And normally I can get use to it after a while.

So, I did what anyone else would have done.  I rebelled.  I rebelled against all opinions, views, thoughts, and voices from others.  Even Adam supported the rebellion- he didn't like the new hair cut either.  My sister told me of Anne Hathaway's hair and I knew that that was the cut for me.  I called a new place, explained the disaster and set the appointment up.

WOW.  This rebellion was AMAZING.  I came out feeling like myself.  I LOVE my new cut.  LOVE it.  The highlights that were put in now look great.  The cut flows and is easy to do.  It feels so like me in EVERY way.

I now feel grown up.

Adam even LOVES it.  It is a winner.  I shall keep it this way for a bit until I feel like being "young" again and not grown up, then I will grow it out once more.

Enjoy the pics, I hope they do the cut justice.   It feels good to finally get that story out.  Crazy lady.  I know that she meant well.  It just wasn't her place to make the judgement. But I do thank her because without her persistence on me changing, I would not have discovered the me I am loving right now.  Freedom at last.... yah rebellion!

BEFORE:



 AFTER:




No comments:

Post a Comment