Saturday, February 16, 2013

Survived the Toughest Week Yet!

I have just lived the toughest week since being here in Rhode Island.  Which, I must say, is pretty good.  I mean we have been here for 9 months now and I am NOW experiencing the most difficult week.  That is pretty good.

It was just a mixture of kids being sick, then I got pretty sick, and Adam thick in his studies.  On top of that, we have been shut ins for a bit now making the simple matters somehow more intense.  For the first time, even with Christmas and Thanksgiving, I was in want of family.  I was so sick that taking care of the kids became a huge task.  Although Adam could take over for an hour at night. That was ONLY an hour.  I realized in this week that I had no one that I could just call to take the kids for an hour so I could rest.

I mean I have friends, yes, but I didn't have the family where you can call and not feel like you are putting them out or hassling them.  It was rough.  Real rough.  And it is still not over, but I feel more in control of the situation.

I was reminded of the scripture in 3 Nephi 14:11 (the Book of Mormon) when Christ is talking to the people in the Americas.  He says, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give things to them that ask him?"  I LOVE this scripture anyways, but it came into my mind at the most perfect moment.

I knelt down and asked God to give me strength to endure and the will to be what a mommy needs to be.  The next morning, although my body and self felt miserable, I was able to all that was required of me until nap time (thank you nap time- I cherish you so much)  I then got to rest for an hour or so, and receive enough energy to get me through until bedtime.  AMAZING.

He does know how to give good gifts to those who asks.  I am so grateful for that.  Very Grateful indeed.  So, although I am not fully recovered, nor my children who are now sick again, I at least know that I can get through it one day at a time.  Oh the JOY! Ha.


I found this on lds.org and it just went perfect with the theme of this week.  I am grateful for the knowledge that we have a Heavenly Father who does LOVE us.  KNOW us.  And who is AWARE of our needs, desires, and dreams.  And who would do ANYTHING for us for us to return back to Him.

I am looking forward to Adam and I being done with this stage of life, the school etc.  But how grateful I am that we are going through it together.  Our journals are full of experiences that have done nothing but bring us closer to God, each other, and who we are intended to be....

Thanks for just letting me talk.  I know- some people get annoyed with these posts, but this is my blog, not yours. Ha.  Just joking.  Enjoy!  More posts and pictures coming soon.... YAH!


No comments:

Post a Comment