Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Curse

I will not be blogging for the next week because of my horrible curse.  See- my pictures were lost a few months ago and now my camera might be fried.

It all started on a nice and cozy Friday afternoon.  Adam and I were playing checkers, Ethan was playing next to us and Gabby was running in and out of the room playing with whatever.  She was coming in every minute or so to say hi and bye- so we thought nothing of her playing by herself.  Then it got quiet and after a minute or so I told Adam that I thought that Gabby was up to something to which he responded, "I doubt it, I am sure that she is just playing around out there with the dog."

I still had to check on her... I opened the door to see her carrying the dog water bowl and swimming in the slimy water was my camera!!!! I of course calmly freaked out and immediately ran to the sink to dump out the water and my camera.  I was crying and saying no no no no noooooo..... (I now know where she gets it from- she is always saying no no no no to things) Anyway, I grabbed a bag of rice, Adam ran in and grabbed a bag and we threw the camera inside COVERED with rice!!!!

The point is, my curse of losing my precious pictures and possibly now my camera is still so close to me.  We agreed to let it sit in rice for a week and we are hoping that a new camera is not needed.  It still pains me to think about it.

Gabby was cute though, she knew that what she did was not good, so she came up to me, gave me a hug and said "Sorry Mommy." So cute. But she still had to listen to why it wasn't good that it was in the water.

Oh the joys of Motherhood!!!!

There you have it.  We are crossing our fingers that all is well, but until this Friday, there will be no posts as I had previously promised.  I TOTALLY hope that this curse will be over with now.... my poor camera.

Enjoy your week- stay tune to updates....

No comments:

Post a Comment