Sunday, January 27, 2013

New York: Day 1

We FINALLY made it to New York!  We were all very excited for our excursion and thank those who made it possible.  For Christmas, we were gifted 2 nights in a hotel right in the heart of New York City.  We were overjoyed when we received it.  It came unexpected and we thank those who gave so willingly.

New York City was amazing.  About as I imagined it, but not.  First, I thought that the people would be very into themselves, not in a rude way, just "I know where I am going and I don't need to fuss with you."  However, we found that this was not the case.  Since we had a stroller, there were many times when we needed to lift that beast up FLIGHTS of stairs because the metro station didn't have an elevator.  On more than one occasion someone would offer to help.   Wow.  That was a huge help.  Talk about a workout.  Also, we were given help as we learned the metro system.  I would say that we are pretty close to being pros now.

Anyway- all and all fabulous vacation.

First day check list-
* Get to train station in Connecticut and catch train into New York City Grand Central Station
* Find Hotel
* Go to the LARGE candy shop- Dylan's Candy Bar
Three stories of goodness- yum and of course buy favorite type
* Visit the Famous piano at F.A.O. Swartz.  Gabby LOVED this.  I think that she could have stayed
there forever.  And since it was close to closing, she was able to be all by herself on that big
piano.  Ethan even got to play on it.  So fun.
* See Times Square at night.  The most amazing thing was walking up the stairs from the metro and
walking right onto Times Square.  It seriously took my breath away because it was so WOW.  It
was more condensed than I thought, meaning the road between the main buildings was smaller,
but still WOW.  It was all lit up.  No need for street lights on that road
* Lame, but ate at McDonald's on Time Square.  Gabby loved it, and that is all that matters.
* Went back to hotel.  It was really tiny, enough room for two double beds.  So when we asked for a crib, they had to move us to another room that had a king size bed.  It still didn't work because
Gabby is not fun to sleep with, so Gabby went into the crib and Ethan went into a drawer.
Worked out GREAT.  Thank goodness.

Now enjoy the day in pictures-





















































1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was awesome! So ridiculous me is looking at the pictures going wow that stroller looks familiar.... Maybe I need some more sleeep! Love the candy store pictures, we will have to find that store next time we go in!

    ReplyDelete