Friday, January 18, 2013

The Break In

Ok.  So we house sat for someone in our ward for 3 weeks while they went to Utah for Christmas.  It was great.  It was a larger home and right next to the water.  Loved it.  Well, one of the days, Adam was not around, I went outside to grab something.  I didn't want Gabby to follow me, so I locked the door behind.  Well the minute I shut the door I realized that I didn't bring the key to get back in.  I didn't have a phone.  Nor did have a way to get help.  I was in panic mode.  I heard Ethan screaming inside and Gabby running around with the dog.

So I went up to the door and had Gabby come to the window.  I tried to get her unlock it, but she just didn't understand.  I was in heavy panic mode.  I started brainstorming of all the things that I could do to get in that wouldn't require me breaking anything.  I then realized that I had, by chance, unlocked the balcony door earlier that day.  This would mean that I needed to climb up to the balcony and open it.  I found the garbage can, then climb on that and pulled myself up.  (Realizing in the process that I need to work out more if it saves my kids in crisis modes like this.)

Well, I got on top of the balcony, tired and dirty, and opened the door. What a day.  But it worked and required no more than my muscle strength.  Ouch.  Ha.  Lesson learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment