So- when moving here, people kept warning me about ticks and many would say, "Oh, no worries, the chances of you getting one is so small." Well, I guess that it wasn't small enough. On Friday, I noticed a very tiny thing on Gabby's neck. I thought that it was a scab of some sort and I tried to get it off, but she kept moving, so I figured that it could fall of on it's own. Then later in the evening, I noticed that this "scab" had doubled in size and I of course panic. Adam had just left to run in a 10 mile race and there was no way that I was taking it out on my own. Gross.
So I threw the kids in the car and went to Adam. He hadn't started the race yet, so I had him pull it out. So Gross. Now we just have to watch it and make sure that she doesn't get sick from it. Of course, I documented it- nothing bloody, just the small creature stuck in Gabby's neck... so would be a vampire tick? Hmmm.... Gabby might be turning into a vampire- Twilight all over again, great.
See how small it is? They are so gross and I don't like how hard it is to detect.
No comments:
Post a Comment