Monday, July 30, 2012

The Power of Mr. Clean

The talk around Rhode Island is that a hurricane is due to happen here. This has caused worry because now that we aren't around family, it is up to us to make sure that we are prepared for all natural disasters.  I have been gathering food, while Adam has been checking our camping supplies to make sure that we don't need to purchase anything.  Well, he decided to do it on Monday a few hours before our first date since moving to Rhode Island.  (BIG DEAL)

He also did it inside.  Something that he debated on doing since he was lighting our stoves and all.  But not knowing where else to do it, he proceeded and started checking the fuel and whatever else you check on those machines.  So, I was doing my hair in the kitchen while talking to my mom and I see in the mirror a flame behind me.  Thinking that this was normal, I just continued doing my hair joking with my mom that Adam was burning down our house.  I then turned around and the flame was HUGE.  I quickly hung up the phone with my mom and tried to help Adam put it out.  What happened is that there was a leak in the fuel pipe, which leaked onto the table and started spreading.

The alarms went off, Gabby was awaken from her nap- crying, and Ethan stayed asleep.  I tried to help Adam, but seeing that it was spreading, I decided that grabbing the kids was the better choose.  I left Adam to fix the flame and the kids and I went outside to wait for the firefighters.  Adam, seeing that the flame was just being fed fuel, carried the stove to the sink and then put out the flame on the table.  OUR HERO.

The firefighters came, they saw, and then they left.  When I went inside to see the damage, my table was fried, and the carpet was burnt.  Sad.  Especially since money is hard to come by now a days. But Adam is clever and so is the power of Mr. Clean.  It fixed my table right up and the floor... well, we just turned the carpet around to a more hidden area.

We did go on our date... BATMAN. It took a moment to get into it, from the excitement of our house burning and from the sadness of the Colorado situation, but we were able to get into it.

So the pics show the fun and excitement. And yes, all our camping gear is now up and running. We are ready for natural disasters now. :)

 The firefighters. Yes, Josh you can laugh... we just wanted to test out what you do.

 My poor table and carpet


 Our table for dinner right after the fire... so happy I made pizza.



 Proof that Mr. Clean has the magic and power to fix almost anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment