Our little man was all smiles in the morning while we were getting ready. I think he was just as excited about going to Boston as we were.
Monument to the Boston Tea Party. Although it was no where close to where it happened.
The State House
The "Pose"
Gabby got her pose from her daddy
The gravesite of Paul Revere. Awesome. But even better was this gravesite of a girl who passed away in 1697 at 3 months. (That part was sad that she died so young, but that is one old gravesite)
Gabby loved walking around and looking at everything.
I LOVE graveyards. I think it came from when I was a girl and as a family we would walk the graveyards looking for the oldest tomb and just reading the headstones. I am amazed at the small detail that a headstone gives, it makes me feel in some ways connected to them. So I was in heaven with all the old grave sites that we were able to see.
Gabby loved this guy. She insisted on waving at him when we left. And this is the actual tomb stone of Paul Revere.
Inside the King's Church. BEAUTIFUL. Gabby wouldn't stay still but we are sitting in the bench area inside the church. It was so neat. They are the original benches. Cool. Gabby and I are reading the Bible together. It seemed the right thing to do there.
Adam trying to stretch out his back from carrying "Chubby" all day. And then the beautiful organ. LOVE.
On a bridge. Shocker. But it was so beautiful
Since Josh has become a firefighter, I have found a deep love and appreciation with everything fireman like. Ok just the buildings and trucks. But they are just so fabulous. This was in the middle of housing and just so perfect.
On our way to Bunker Hill. So, here is the story. To get to the top you have to WALK 294 stairs. Yes, read that again... 294 stairs. It was the one thing that Adam wanted to do, so I couldn't say no. The only thing that I could do was say that I couldn't carry Gabby up, but that I could carry Ethan. So I went to put the stroller in a safe spot and then head in to see that Adam and the kids weren't there. Great. I looked for them, couldn't find them. I then started up the flight of stairs. Round and round I went. Up and Up and I still couldn't find them. I asked a lady headed down if she saw a man with two kids. She laughed and said, "Um, yes. Poor guy. I don't know how he will make it."
Well, Adam and the two young ones did make it. Adam carried them both up. I barely made it. The top right picture is of Gabby looking out one of the 3 small windows that were up there. It was so hot and stuffy. I'm happy I did it, but will not do again, although I might have my parents do it
and just tell them how easy it is :) Thank goodness it as only 50% humidity that day and not the 90% that we missed the day previous.
At the top... red face and all. Gabby and Ethan look great, though.
Going down. Yes, he carried them down too...
Gabby was exhausted and so she decided to lay on these stairs and just talk, then play, then lay down again. So adorable.
The height... YUCK.
They got to play at the USS Constitution Museum. So much fun.
For the family: I swear that this is a Nazi Museum... Just so you know.
My pictures got out of order, but Gabby stayed awake the WHOLE day. That would be 9-6 walking around and then as we headed back to our car, she finally fell asleep. She did a fantastic job being a tourist. That's our girl.
Hotdog from the street vendor. YUM. I had pizza, better.
The stadium and Adam's favorite bridge.
So we walked through Little Italy and I see this long line in a store, so I peaked in and saw deliciousness. We didn't go any further without getting a couple of these babies. YUMMY!! It was so delicious. Perfect for a perfect day.
Ethan was such a trooper. He loved looking at everything and just being carried all day.
This is Gabby following the trail that we walked all day. And then Gabby hiding with her apple then sitting oddly on the stroller with her beloved apple.
We were both doing this with our arms, but she gave up right when the picture was taken, of course.
Adam pointing to School street... get it?
Spot of the Boston Massacre. WOW. I love walking history. You read about it and then you can see it. Amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment