Saturday, August 17, 2013

FHE, THE SCHROEDER TITLE of TESTIMONIES

I really can't express how fantastic it was to FINALLY be together ago.  I LOVE and ADORE my family.  We are not perfect.  But that is why I love us so.  We laugh about everything, we can talk about anything, and we can all speak of spiritual things together.  

One of the evenings up at Mack's Inn, we had a FHE planned by Katie because she just got home.  It was AMAZING.  We talked about missions and the sacrifice that each of us made as the missionary and as those who were supporting back home.  

She then pulled out a picture of Christ.  I bought when I was going to BYU-Idaho back in 2003.  I had kept it and hung it as a visual reminder of who I am.  I took this picture with me on my mission and then when my brother, Jake, was out on his mission in Armenia I wanted to send him something.  I didn't have a lot of money and I wanted something that meant more than just an item.  I looked at this picture and because it had helped during the MOST difficult part of my mission, I decided that I would send it to him so that he would have a visual reminder of strength and peace.

I wrote my testimony on the back and sent it off right away. 

I didn't know until this evening, all the many places that that picture had been.  It was then sent to Becka when she left for her mission is Spain.  Then it was sent to Katie when she went on her mission to Guatemala.  Each time it was passed, the testimony of the individual was written on the back (another piece of paper was attached to the back.)

Katie held the picture as she went through the individuals who it served with.  Then she had us re-read the testimony that we each wrote.  When it got back to her, she read her testimony then handed it off to my older brother, Josh.  I can't tell you how strong the spirit was in that room.

Josh now has the Schroeder Title of Testimonies.  Since he has already served his mission, then he will hold on to it and pass it on to his children and hopefully it will make it around all the grandchildren.

It was a really sweet and precious moment.  One that we will all remember forever.  We are more united through it and more determined to return faithfully to our Father in Heaven.

 Josh's boys stayed up and were able to be part of it.  Although we put one to sleep. :)


 I LOVE this photo!!! This is our true selves, laughing away at something!!!
The Title of Testimonies



No comments:

Post a Comment