The choice we made for me to fly out by myself and the 2 kids was not really what we wanted. Initially my sister's arrival was scheduled for around the 4th of July which would have allowed Adam to go back to Utah with us since his school was done on the 23rd of June. But with the influx of missionaries, the dates were changed to where she was now coming home on the 13th of June. GREAT. Awesome because we get to see her sooner. Not awesome that I have to now make the choice if I wanted to fly without Adam to be there when she got home, or wait about 2 weeks and fly out with Adam and die at the fact that I wasn't there. The other issue was the fact that Adam would be going home earlier than me because of Scout Camp. I just didn't want to be home for a week without him when I could be having fun with family back in Utah.
The choice was made to fly there and back without Adam or help. I don't recommend to those with small children. Yuck. Anyway. I then made Adam a 12 day count down for every day that we were away from each other. I had people deliver items, things made for him, and just fun random things around the house that he had to find. He enjoyed it and it helped me not to miss him as much knowing that he had things to look forward to each day. Fun times. Oh and it was also over Father's Day that I was going to be gone. So we celebrated that early and then he had surprises celebrating him the rest of the week.
1- Starburst Jellybeans, "I am BURSTING with love for you"
2- Surprise Love Notes around the house with Peanut Butter treats delivered by a classmate at school
3- Swedish Fish with a note reading, "What a Catch You Are"
4- Peanuts, "We're Nuts About Daddy"
5- Pop Rocks, Pop Its, and Popcorn with Pop, "My Pop Rocks"
6- All About You Basket, delivered by the Martins (this was also Father's Day) (It had items that represented him and things that were gag items that we have picked up throughout our marriage)
7- Hands Picture created by kids- "You are the Best Dad Hands Down"
8- Love quote...
9- 52 Date Night Ideas written on popsicle sticks and put in a jar
10- Reeses Pieces, " Dad, We love you to Pieces"
11- Choco Kisses, "Put our arms around your neck..."
12- M&Ms, "Missing you so very much"
Most ideas I got from pinterest and then I just added my own twist to it.

No comments:
Post a Comment