How? Good Question. Don't know. We had just finished eating lunch. I was cleaning up, she was playing with Ethan. I went to sit down with them and then she started crying and I turned around to see her arm all twisted behind her. She would not stop crying after that. I did everything I could to help calm her down. Nothing. Then I finally gave her milk and tucked her into to bed thinking that she was tired. I called Adam and thank goodness he was already coming home. He looked at it and moved it. Ouch. Not fun. I gave her meds. Let her sleep it off, but when she woke up she was still complaining. I tried to get her to move it but nothing changed. I called my dad to see what I should do- Thank goodness for parents to help you parent.
I decided that I would take her in after talking with him. Adam had a study group and I thought that I was wonder woman and could do the appointment alone. With BOTH kids. Yikes. Gabby was crying and screaming because of the pain. Ethan was crying because he can. I had to carry both. And let me tell you Ethan is not an easy one to carry- he weighs so much.
Well, the doctor thought that the elbow was dislocated. So she tired 3 times to get it back into place and each time Gabby would SCREAM and cry more. Ugh. Don't like that. Seeing that nothing was working, the doctor sent us to get an X-Ray done.
Love the tender mercy- the doctor saw that I was struggling with both screaming kids, so she had a nurse help me to the x-ray area. The nurse stayed the WHOLE time until we were done. Loved it. Ethan was being held and I could tend to Gabby. I can't tell you what a HUGE blessing that was. Ethan finally fell asleep and I was able to tend to Gabby. After seeing that nothing was wrong, because they only checked the arm up to the wrist.... meaning they didn't check the wrist. They sent us home and said to give her meds and if there wasn't a change tomorrow with the pain or movement to call again.
I was thinking about it as the doctor was pulling and touching her arm, all the while Gabby was screaming and crying- trying to get closer to me and away from the doctor, that this is how Heavenly Father must feel. This was the first time that I have ever heard Gabby scream and cry like this. Not even when she was born did she scream in this manner. I wanted to just cuddle her and pull away from the doctors probing fingers, but I knew that it was only through that pain that Gabby could eventually experience relief. We too scream, both spiritually and physically, at times in ways that I am sure Heavenly Father just must want to pull us away and comfort us before the examination is through. But He allows us to feel the pain and to endure it, so that we might know and experience the relief. He is also there, as I was, to immediately hold and comfort and offer some form of relief and love to help you endure even longer.
It was not fun seeing my sweet girl suffer. I still don't know if her arm is all the way healed, but I do know that she will be getting better soon. Especially after a Priesthood Blessing that Adam was able to give her. I know that God will take care of His little girl. He loves her and will look after her, that I know of for an asurity.
So let's see what tomorrow brings..... sigh
On the way home from the doctors. She was decorated with stickers!! And she couldn't take them off because her right arm was not working.
No comments:
Post a Comment