Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Injury Day 2

On day two of being hurt wasn't much different than day 1- only that it lasted all day instead of partial day.  She woke up, still bugged with the arm and going around saying, "Hurt Mommy"  I can't ignore that.  I tried everything to get her to use her arm, but nothing seemed to worked.  I tried candy, toys, stickers, her blanket, etc. and she always reached with the other hand.  I then put a paper in the hurt hand and she would try to grab it and then she would let go.  My final test was having her distracted by watching a movie and then I sat down and started touching it without her watching me.  The minute I touched the wrist and looked at me and then started to cry saying again, "Hurt Mommy."  I called the doctor right after that and we were able to get in- up north! 40 minutes away to see a specialist.  Got to love it.

What a special tender mercy, however, that it was today WEDNESDAY, out of all days for me to go up there.  Adam had a HUGE test in the morning and then he normally has to go into a clinic to follow a therapist.  But he was able to talk to the therapist and explain what was the matter.  The therapist understood and said that family comes first.  Thank goodness people still believe in that.  So, Adam was able to come with us!!! I can't tell you how great that was.  LOVED IT.

The doctor felt her arm, agreed that it wasn't her elbow- noticed the same reaction with the wrist- then looked at the X-Ray to see that there was possibly a slight fracture in the wrist.  I say slight because she said it. Ha- I guess it is really hard to see breaks and fractures when they are this young.  So, she said that a cast would be ideal in helping it to heal.  Then in a week we get to go back and have another X-Ray to see if it will come up again.  If it does, then Gabby will be in a cast for the next 4-5 weeks. If it doesn't and Gabby seems fine, then will be without the cast.  Lovin' the sparkle... not lovin' that she doesn't have her right arm.  So we will see.

Gabby did great.  She loves the pink and the sparkle and is all happy and lively again.  She wasn't ALL morning.  She would run, play, or even walk without complaining about that arm.  Already she is feeling relief from the pain.  YAH for medicine.  Thank you... enjoy her cuteness. And the cast.  We are.






 She had some fun walking around in Adam's shoes.  So cute!!!




1 comment:

  1. Love! Love! Love her! You are a fabulous mother and what a blessing Adam could go with you:)

    ReplyDelete