One thing that has kept me going has been that my parents were coming in the mid of October. SO FUN! I did the countdown with Gabby, great leaning tool for counting. And I made my house look FABULOUS since it probably will be one of the only times that I will see them out here since it costs so much to get out here. I had to do it big.
My parents flew in late Wednesday night and stayed in a hotel to get some rest before coming down our way. That morning, I was so TOTALLY excited. I had to do chores just to keep me sane for a while until they were in my house. Then they called and 20 min later, they were there!!!! Gabby was beside herself. Giddy, laughing, and barely containing her joy for seeing them walk up to see her. Ethan was just his smiley self. Oh my. We sat. They gave gifts.... sigh. I was not expecting anything. I got some new shirts and tortillas that you can only find at Costco. Yeah. And Adam got Avengers. Amazing. Gabby and Ethan got clothes, which we were in need of. It was just Christmas- which is nice since we will not be flying home for Christmas this year. Sigh. Won't talk about that.
Then we took off and went to Newport. It was so grand. We walked the waterfront and then we went to tour the mansions. OH MY GOODNESS! Craziness!! These mansions are owed by VERY wealthy people and are now open for public view. They were out of control wow. I took pictures of the outside, but were unable to take pictures of the inside. Bummer. But they are amazingly beautiful and I recommend all to go and see for yourself.
We then came home, ate the lasagna that I had prepared earlier that day. YUM. Oh and then we had a random fire drill. YUCK. Ethan had his cereal all down him and Gabby was not dressed warm. So was not fun. But we now know that are fire alarm works. Good.
After relaxing, we watched the debate and then dozed off, because Day 2 was going to be a crazy adventure of go time. Enjoy the pics from Day 1.
She would not let Ganma and Ganma out of her site! Yes, there is no pa, they both are the same in names.
The bridge to get to Newport
Mansion 1- The Marble House
Mansion 2- The Rosecliff (the one from the Great Gatsby!!)
Mansion 3- OUR FAVORITE- The Breakers!!! OH MY- WOW
Mansion 4- The Elms
No comments:
Post a Comment