Friday, August 10, 2012

The Last of 28

So my years of being in the twenties is coming to an end with one more year to go. Tomorrow is my 29th birthday and I am going crazy thinking that I am almost 30!! 

I remember as a little girl imagining up what it was going to be like when I reached this age.  I had everything planned so well....
  • 10 kids- all out by the age of 30! (um, love the mind of an innocent girl)
  • Married, how else was I going to get those 10 kids?
  • Living on a farm with many animals for the 10 kids to play with
  • Being a doctor... no wait, a teacher... um maybe an astronaut? That was never clear
  • Very smart and clever
  • Traveling the world whenever I felt like it
So most of those things didn't happen and how grateful I am that I am not in control of EVERYTHING. Like they say- it always turns out better than you have plan... I truly am grateful that that is true.

Lets, then, evaluate my life thus far shall we?
  •  Graduate in Early Education, teacher all around- LOVE
  • Served a mission in Italy- sigh, LOVE
  • 2 FABULOUS kids- LOVE LOVE
  • Married in the Manti Temple for not only this life but for the life to come to my best friend- my handsome stud muffin of a husband- SO LOVE
  • Back Packed Europe for 3 weeks with my best friend and love- sigh again LOVE
  • Lived with my Grandma for 4 months, I now realize what a HUGE blessing that was, LOVE
  • Worked at the MTC teaching senior missionaries- they are AMAZING and taught me so much- LOVE 
  • Went to Italy with my mom for 10 days- LOVE completely. Need to do that one again
  • Living in Rhode Island, out of all the states, learning to be all I can be- oh and I live next to a farm so that counts as one of dreams, right? Ha- LOVE
Well, I could go on and on but I'm sure that you all don't want to read everything that I have done for the past years of my life.  Let's just say- I LOVE my life. I LOVE what I have been given and choices that I have able to make.  I LOVE that I have continual joy.  I LOVE that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  That I know WHO I am, WHERE I am going, and WHY I am here. That there is a purpose to this life.

So here is to the last year of being in the 20s. I hope to live in gratitude.  Give more of myself for the benefit of others. And to find adventures along the way.  Here to age of 29- I'm excited to know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment