Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Rain Rain Cannot Stop Us from having FUN

Last week, Adam was gone to Scout Camp for most of the days.  Not fun. But we did our best finding little adventures and enjoying what we could.  We went to a park, library, played at home, made things, and then went to the mall- yes, the mall.  Although it took us 40 min to get there, it was so fantastic to walk around in a mall again. 

The mall, however, took a great deal of fighting in order to get there.  But I was determined.  We went on the night that there was a BIG rainstorm. Tornado warnings and all. So, I waited for the rain to stop, but it would not let up.  The roads outside our apartment were filling up with water and the rain seemed to pour down thicker more and more.  But since I was determined, I bundled up, then, took one child out at a time.  I wrapped them in Adam's rain jacket to make sure that they were dry.  However, it did not keep me dry.  The water was deep outside in the parking lot and the rain that was coming down felt like a shower.  I thought of my sister who is on a mission in Guatemala and how wet she must get everyday if the rain is anything like it was that day.  Anyway, I got us all in and the minute I turned on the car, the rain stopped.  What?  No worries though, it started up again 5 min after that.

We drove slow, which made the standard 35 min take 50 min, but we made it and had fun shopping and just walking around.  And Gabby had fun riding her carousal. What a fun day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment