Thursday, October 17, 2013

Birthday Getaway... Day 1

For my birthday this year I wanted to do something BIG.  Something rememberable.  It was my 30th so it needed to be big.  And it was.  Adam spoiled me and took great care of me.  My birthday celebration ended up lasting 5 days... can't beat that.  It was just perfect.

We decided to head up north and explore North Conway.  We got everything ready on a Thursday and headed on up.  We stopped off at a Shaker Village in Canterbury.  Adam enjoyed it.  I didn't.  I like when I know that it is old. But when I learned about the religion and that the village was closed down maybe 20 years ago.  The romantic idea of it died.  It was still fun to walk around and to see all their inventions.  But it just wasn't my cup of love.

Then we traveled the rest of the way up north.  It was amazing.  Just beautiful.  What a great escape.  We ate at Burger King.  Exciting.  Then we went to our hotel.  Adam found it for $50 a night.  Can't beat that.  But it looked like that is how much it should have cost.  It wasn't glamorous, but it did it's job and we loved the location of it.

 See, a really pretty village... it was just interesting history


 Learning about cows.  So fun


 Playing with toys and then Adam is putting a blanket together.  Something that the girls did... hmmm Fun



 Sewing with a really cool machine.  So fun.

 Adam was a pro.
 I wanted this dress... can anyone say, Pride and Prejudice?  Gorgeous!!!

 I laughed when I saw this container and then there was one for butter... but the man told me that I couldn't take pictures inside. Then he never left so I couldn't sneak one.... nice.
 Gabby was exhausted.  She had to rest for a bit and this was where she wanted to rest.

 Gabby's turn to take pictures.  She cracks me up.


 This was our tour guide.  He was funny and he really enjoyed our family.  He had us participate A LOT.  I even got to pull the rope to ring the bell for food time.  It took a little more effort than I thought that it would. It was my most favorite part of the tour. :)
 We are really exhausted right now, can't you tell?


 Yeah for food!!! 


 Ok, so BK had those cool drink machines that have 100 choices.  It was ridiculous and we got a little carried away.  This is Ethan trying one of the mixtures we put together... we threw that one out and tried another one. :)

 Playing around in the hotel... don't look too closely at the floor.  I was grossed out, but the kids didn't notice.  That is good.  Gabby's photos are the next to follow.  She likes to take pictures...







 What a good end to a great day.  Excited for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment