Yes, indeed, I am grateful for the Atonement and for the Plan of Salvation. It is what unites families for this life and for the life to come. Even with this knowledge the pain of the loss was still great. I was ok with that. Feeling pain is not a bad thing, it has allowed me to gain more understanding for others grief and more of a firm testimony of the knowledge that comes from living another piece of the Plan of Salvation.
I will miss her dearly, matter of fact, I do miss her dearly. Somedays tears just need to happen. I miss calling her. I miss thinking of what I was going to do for her next to cheer her up. I miss knowing that I might see her in a few months. I miss her strength and wisdom. I miss just knowing that she was a phone call away.
Before her passing, I am grateful that I was able to hear her speak as she once did... without my grandpa being a translator for her. Or her becoming frustrated that she couldn't get her thoughts out. It happened after a major stroke that she had back in November. At that point it was so bad that they were saying that we were going to lose her (hence as to why it wasn't a shock that she did pass away when she did). A few days after her recovery she spoke clear. We laughed and laughed about birth, life, stories of the past, and things to come. We spoke for 45min. It was the sweetest tender mercy. One that I will hold onto for years to come.
My Grandma was a strong woman. Firm in her beliefs and determined to live life to the fullest. She worked hard and although she didn't get everything that she dreamed of in this life, still was able to create beauty from whatever she was given.
I know that she is busy in heaven and probably loving the fact that she can run and be free of the elements that held her back in her later years.

No comments:
Post a Comment