Loving his cookie
Hmmm that is some cookie
I found this little guy on my arm when we got in the car. I started to scream because I thought that it was a spider, and Adam reacted faster than I could say, "oh isn't it cute." His reaction, splat it off my arm. We laughed so hard. I am surprised that this little guy survived. I know my hand felt it for a while. Gabby and Adam released him back into the wild. She kept saying how cute he was.
The final funny story that I want to remember about this day is Adam stealing my cookie. Getting a treat like a cookie or pastry or any treat truly is a treat to us. It is something that we only do for celebration, which doesn't happen too often around here. We save our pennies and cookies are never a good use of those pennies. So, when we get them, I treasure those pastries and eat them as slowly as I can. Well, I got an almond cookie. It reminded me of some that I ate in Italy. I ate some, let Adam have some and then put the rest away.
I carried it all through Wickford and even had Adam offer to throw it away to which I responded, "Oh no. I'm not done. I am saving it for later."
Well we get home, we eat lunch and then put the kids to bed. Adam is working on projects and I am doing whatever when I remember that I still have a delicious treat waiting for me. I go to the kitchen and I can't find it. I looked through my purse. Nothing. I then go into where Adam is at, hoping not to hear the worst and ask him if he knew where my cookie was. He responded with, "Oh. Ethan and I shared it after lunch." WHAT?
I about died. I knew that it was silly to get bugged over my cookie going to my favorite boys, but what? I didn't say anything. I left, tried to cry, and then took a deep breath and now I make fun of him for eating the cookie....
Lesson: If you want it don't leave it out for others to see.... hide it. Ha. Ok. Laugh at all situations and enjoy it while you can. And be happy others could enjoy it too. What a day. What a fun memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment