The 3rd day we made our way to Gettysburg. The traffic was horrible through Philadelphia and took longer than what we wanted. However we were able to pass through Amish Country. LOVE. The nice thing about this trip and that we could stop whenever we wanted to and just enjoy whatever came our way. So we stopped off in Amish Country. Saw some of their stores and ate Shoo Fly Pie. AMAZING. Definitely worth the stop. I am looking forward to going back one day and exploring some more. We finally got to Gettysburg area doing Valley Forge first (about 2 hours outside of Gettysburg) and then doing some of Gettysburg before checking into a nicer hotel with some swimming. What fun.
They are such great soliders
I felt like I was in Gone with the Wind. Heavenly
Chilling at the museum. Adam loves to read all the signs, I like to skim, ask him, and just look around with the kids. How we enjoy museums.
The Gettysburg Civil War Cemetery
Ethan saw the train tracks and made a run for it. HA. Thank goodness there were no cars coming. It was a dead city. No pun intended. One of the pros about traveling off tour season.
Adam talking to him about not running toward the street. Oh my boys.
Swimming. So relaxing
No comments:
Post a Comment