We went to a baby shower of one of our friends that we met at PT school. Lovely couple. Anyway. On the invite it said BYOB. When Adam told me he said that that meant Bring Your Own Beef. Well, I was in the mood for pizza that night and we didn't want to stay too long because we needed to get the kids to bed, so we brought hotdogs for the kids.
Well, we waited and waited for a BBQ to get started but nothing of that sort happened. Matter of fact they had sandwiches and other foods inside that did NOT go with a BBQ. We continued talking and socializing and I was noticing that those who were coming were bringing their own beer. I thought that that was strange, but since Adam and I normally don't attend parties with beer I just figured that it was custom for people to bring their own beer just incase they won't approve of the beer provided.
The kids were getting really hungry and the food there just wasn't holding them over, so we took off. Then in the car I was telling Adam about the beer and then we talked about the no BBQ and then the LIGHTBULB went on. Yes... B.Y.O.B means.....
Bring Your Own Beer. We laughed and laughed and called family and friends and laughed some more. We still laugh about it. Too funny.
It was really an enjoyable evening and one that we will remember.... love it.
Look how adorable this chicken is!!! This house, the place the party was held, was INCREDIBLE!! Gabby and Ethan loved the chickens.
And Gabby loved chilling with this guy and eating her apple. Silly girl. She talked his ears off about who knows what... probably the fact that there was no BBQ. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment