Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gratitude

For a Relief Society activity, I decided to do a night of Gratitude and Service.  We started with a short lesson on Gratitude, then some food, then we tied quilts and made stockings for the Women's Shelter.  It was a great evening.  I am enjoying being with the sisters in this area.  I love each of them and what they have brought into my life.  So grateful for them.

As part of the lesson, I made gratitude journals and gave them a goal to write 1-3 NEW things in it everyday that they were grateful for until Christmas.  I really don't know if anyone did it, actually, I do. One woman came up to me a few weeks later and thanked me for the challenge.  She said that normally she doesn't do challenges like that, but she was going through a hard time and I had promised that it would make even the most difficult times manageable.  So she did it and said that it has helped her see past the difficulty and to see the Lord's hand in her life.

Matter of fact.  It has helped me be more grateful in SO many ways.  I have seen a great and true love for our area, circumstances, etc.  I have felt more peace and happiness during the past few months than I have felt in a long time.  Gratitude plays a HUGE part in happiness and in just getting through life.  It makes life count.  It makes it sweeter and it has brought me closer to my Father in Heaven and Saviour, Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful for being grateful.



1 comment: